  • Subject: RE: re:iNation moving right along
  • From: "Walker, Jodi" <JWalker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 11:34:11 -0700

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Jim Franz wrote:

> Actually, (as one of the "multiples", I wanted their email & such at
> my office (home) and at my current assignment so I could pass on the
> info to my customer. The freebie was not part
> of the equation

For those not interested in multiple freebies, there are better
solutions than registering multiple names & email accounts.

Here's two simple ones off the top of my head - things I've been doing
for years.

Get an email address at Bigfoot.com for free and use their mail
forwarding service.  You can have incoming mail forwarded to 5 different
email addresses - for free.

Set a rule in your email client so that when an email is received from a
particular address you forward that email to how ever many addresses you
wish to see it at.

You only have to enter your information once at any of the sites where
the information is so potentially valuable that you want to have
multiple copies of it or be sure to receive it right this second no
matter where you are.  You don't clutter up the target sites with a
bunch of duplicate information that gains them nothing(I certainly don't
like duplicate data in my files).

Of course using these solutions, you don't get multiple freebies.
Multiple registrations is probably why some first/single time
registrants never had the choice of picking what item they wanted but
simply had a fanny pack thrust upon them.

jw