  • Subject: RE: Backing up the IFS - what actually gets backed up?
  • From: "Graap, Ken" <keg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 07:26:44 -0800

Rob -

You're right... QNTC is the OS/400 equivalent of an Microsoft SMB client. It
allows you to connect to other PC based servers in the network. It doesn't
work very well though! It is slow and there are several issues involved with
getting it to work right. One being that in order to connect to another
server, that server has to have a userid / password that is identical to the
AS/400 user requesting access through QNTC.

Kenneth