  • Subject: RE: A DoS Must Read from Steve Gibson...
  • From: jpcarr@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 21:10:05 -0400

Now THIS is funny;

"The world of software was rocked to its foundations last night when there
were no new reports of security flaws in Microsoft's IIS web server."
http://www.vnunet.com/Mole/1123337

My previous post I said;

>Ya know,  it's amazing that the confidence in MS security has gotten to
the
>point to where someone could say;
>"XP will allow intruders to rob your bank account and ruin your credit"
>and people will probably say;
>"Ya I heard that too".
>Ya got to work hard to get that kind of public perception.

The point I was making was that in order for the top headline to be funny,
My above statement has to be nearly true.

And to add to the fun I offer this as my last point on this thread.

"Microsoft was left reeling this morning after hackers defaced not one, not
two, but three of its corporate websites in just half an hour. Then, to add
insult to injury a forth Microsoft site was compromised by the same hacker
before being defaced again by another group this afternoon."
http://www.vnunet.com/News/1123410

Now which quoted web stories was made up?

John