  • Subject: Re: IPCS not starting automatically when AS/400 does
  • From: bdietz@xxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 07:46:25 -0400

For the vary on issue check the ONLINE parm of NWSD,  It is probably set
to *NO.  I actually prefer setting this way then in the startup program
vary it on.  That way during IPL the system is not trying to start and
vary on the IPCS at the same time.

For the levelcheck probelm make sure NT and the 400 are "talking".  check
the WRKNWSSTS and check to see if the status is active.  If it is pending
it could be that NT and the 400's internal IP address don't match(in the
same subnet)

Bryan Dietz

====previously===========

Just upgraded to V4R5  on the weekend from V4R3.

The IPCS (running NT4.0 SP4), which did start (varyon) automatically when
the AS/400 was IPLed, now needs me to vary it on manually once the system
is
up.

Does anyone know why this may have happened.

Also, when the LVLCHECK program runs now, it tries to run the setup  but
nothing happens. The IPCS remains on V4R3 and SP68017 and refuses to load
release V4R5.

Not sure if it matters but this is a type 2850  IPCS.

TIA

Nathan Simpson