  • Subject: Re: 3570 c12 tape drive question
  • From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 15:19:14 -0500

On the rare occasions when we get our 3570's to work we notice the
following in the joblog:
CPF4901    Notify                  00    06/18/01   02:10:43   QTAERR
QSYS        0110     QSRSVEOV     QSYS         0060
                                     Message . . . . :   End of volume
detected for file QSYSTAP in QSYS.
                                     Cause . . . . . :   End of volume was
detected for file QSYSTAP in library
                                       QSYS.  The next volume that is
inserted on device TAP03 has volume
                                       identifier IBMIRD. Possible choices
for replying to message . . . . . . . .
                                       . . . . . . . :   G -- Continue
processing C -- Cancel processing of the
                                       file
*NONE      Reply                         06/18/01   02:10:43   QMHSNINQ
QSYS        0C71     QSRSVEOV     QSYS         0060
                                     Message . . . . :   G

And I do not see a Reply List Entry for this message:
Sequence  Message                                              Compare
 Number   ID       Reply       Compare Value                    Start
    10    CPA0700  D           *NONE
    20    RPG0000  D           *NONE
    30    CBE0000  D           *NONE
    40    PLI0000  D           *NONE
   955    CPA5737  C           'Q1PLIN    Q1PCTL    '              6
  1000    RPG8888  C           *NONE
  3282    CPA32B2  I           'Operations_Navigator'              1
  7001    CPA3311  *DFT        *NONE

Message ID . . . . . . . . . :   CPF4901
Message file . . . . . . . . :   QCPFMSG
  Library  . . . . . . . . . :     QSYS

Default reply  . . . . . . . :   G

WRKHDWRSC *STG
Type-model . . . . . . . . . :   3570-B01

But, like I said, we're dumping our 3570's as soon as our 3581's come in.

Rob Berendt

==================
A smart person learns from their mistakes,
but a wise person learns from OTHER peoples mistakes.

                    "Hatzenbeler, Tim"

                    <thatzenbeler@clini        To:
"'MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com'" <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>
                    tech.net>                  cc:

                    Sent by:                   Subject:     3570 c12 tape drive
question
                    owner-midrange-l@mi

                    drange.com

                    06/13/2001 04:13 PM

                    Please respond to

                    MIDRANGE-L

I'm hoping this is simple...

This tape drive has 2 tape bays, and a 20 slot magazine...  I can't seem to
figure out how to do a backup, and tell the tape drive to use the next
available tape automatically... If I select the tape manually it will work,
but that seems to defeat the purpose of having the 20 slot magazine
holder...

any suggestions...

thanks, tim