  • Subject: SQL Question Part 2
  • From: Cyndi Bradberry <CyndiB@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 10:30:39 -0600

We worked out the problem with the ISO dates, and have moved on to another
program.  I am trying to Join together 3 files with a common field (LOAN
NUMBER).  This Select statement works in ISQL, but I get this error when I
try to put it into a program:

 MSG ID  SEV  RECORD  TEXT

 SQL0199  30      61  Position 34 Keyword JOIN not expected. Valid tokens: )
,.

    57        C/Exec SQL

    58        C+ Declare MasterTable Cursor

    59        C+   For Select M1LOAN, SMA450, SMA240

    60        C+              A1FNAM, A1LNAM, A1HARA, A1HPFX, A1HNBR,

    61        C+   From ( LDATAQ1C/SRVMLD JOIN LDATAQ1C/SRVALT1 On

    62        C+    M1LOAN = A1LOAN )  Join LDATAQ1C/SRVDSRLZZ On

    63        C+    A1LOAN = CATL#

    64        C+   Where SMA240 > 0 and

    65        C+         (SMA450 >= 17 and SMA450 <= 31) and

    66        C+         A1SEQ = 01

    67        C+   Order By A1LNAM

    68        C+   For Fetch Only

Can anyone help me to see where I have gone wrong ?  I really can't see the
forest for the trees.  We are at V4R4, current on CUM and Group PTF's (Just
applied a bunch of SQL PTF's this morning ;-).

Cyndi B.
Boise, ID

PS:  Is there anyone else from Boise/Nampa/Caldwell on the list ?  Direct
mail please !