  • Subject: RE: Accessing 400 RDB using DB2 UDB 6.1
  • From: "Weatherly, Howard" <hweatherly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 08:58:09 -0400

Title: RE: Accessing 400 RDB using DB2 UDB 6.1

You need DB2 UDB Personal (or greater) Connect is minimum, and you might need Communications Server for the DDCS and communications transports. In your setup you need to supply the CPI-C side information containing the network ID and the LU name of the Local machine and in the communications Info you supply the network and the name of the remote LU. Assuming you are using TCP you would also supply the TCP address of your machine and that of the Target. In theory once all of the communications protocols and transports are established, UDB is supposed to be able to find any remote DB2s and set up the necessary hooks to talk to them! (I have not gotton this to work, we are a govt. site and nothing is ever allowed to work as designed!) But I have gotten 5.2 Connect to interact with V4R1 and V3R2. One other possible difference is at that time I was using Token Ring instead of Ethernet.