  • Subject: RE: V4R5 UPGRADE questions - 2nd
  • From: D.BALE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 14:42:00 -0400

Well, were you at the latest cume level before you upgraded?  If not, how far
back.

In my case, I'm not certain what cume level this particular V4R3 box is at.
Following is a screen shot of the first display of DSPPTF with no parameters
specified:

              Display PTF Status
                                System:   S1024122
 Product ID  . . . . . . . :   5769999
 IPL source  . . . . . . . :   ##MACH#B
 Release of base option  . :   V4R3M0 L00

 Type options, press Enter.
  5=Display PTF details  6=Print cover letter ...

      PTF                               IPL
 Opt  ID       Status                   Action
  _   RE98316  Permanently applied      None
  _   RE98273  Permanently applied      None
  _   RE98144  Permanently applied      None
  _   RE98143  Permanently applied      None
  _   RE98142  Permanently applied      None
  _   QLL2924  Permanently applied      None
  _   MF20589  Permanently applied      None
  _   MF20583  Permanently applied      None
  _   MF20515  Permanently applied      None
                                                  More...

Normally, I'd expect TLyyddd entries to tell me which cume level is applied.
Is that what the REyyddd entries are on V4R3?

Also, you mentioned the hardware model number.  Does that have any bearing on
upgrading to a new release?

- Dan
Dan Bale says "BAN DALE!"
IT - AS/400