  • Subject: RE: Are many IBM links down to you also?
  • From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 13:22:17 -0500

I have a suspicion.  I bet it is bad change management on IBM's part.
Notice the url says submit.boulder.ibm.com?  I bet this is only accessible
internally.  And once boulder approves it and moves it to live it will stop
saying submit.boulder.ibm.com and go to publib.boulder.ibm.com.

Perhaps IBM should study change management as it applies to the web!

Maybe I should call IBM at 1-888-746-7426 and shoot this theory by them.

This is whom I originally received email from.  However they use a generic
email address, which, if you reply to it.  Will scramble your email message
prior to delivery until it is unreadable and you will get a message back
that your email was unreadable, you need to fill out a web form instead.

                    IBM-CALLOWN INTERNET RESPONSE FACILITY

To......: rob@dekko.com
Subject.: IBM'S REPLY

       Dear Mr. Berendt,

       Thank you for contacting IBM.

       We are in receipt of your note regarding the IBM
       Web site, we apologize for any inconvenience this
       may have caused you.

       Please note we have visited the Web site and it
       is functioning at this time. Please clear your
       cache and re-try the Web site. If you continue to
       encounter errors please send us another e-mail.

       Thank you for visiting our site and contacting IBM.

Arnold Lee (ASKIBM@vnet.ibm.com)
Electronic Response Center
http://www.ibm.com/contact
1-888-746-7426

CALLOWN Log Number: 1781802

Rob Berendt

==================
A smart person learns from their mistakes,
but a wise person learns from OTHER peoples mistakes.

                    "Richard Casey"

                    <casey_r@popmail.fi        To:
<MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>
                    rn.edu>                    cc:

                    Sent by:                   Subject:     RE: Are many IBM
links down to you also?
                    owner-midrange-l@mi

                    drange.com

                    06/05/01 12:06 PM

                    Please respond to

                    MIDRANGE-L

Rob,

I can't get to that link either. It looks like a DNS problem with
"submit.boulder.ibm.com".
I can ping boulder.ibm.com but get an "Unknown host" message with I try to
ping submit.boulder.ibm.com.

Sigh.......
Richard