  • Subject: RE: AS/400 and NT security
  • From: "Wills, Mike N. (TC)" <MNWills@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 12:22:29 -0500

Title: AS/400 and NT security
I think a fair thing to say is that it is a good thing that security fixes come out, however it is also bad because that means that there are holes that hackers can exploit, even Unix/Linux has security alerts and patches everyday. But the Unix/Linux community can usually get a patch out within a day or two tops. I believe that Unix and Linux will start to make a bigger rise in the server market since NT/2k seems to be targeted more and more by hackers. It is common knowledge among the Linux community that a properly configured Linux box will have very few security holes if any at all.

[Wills, Michael N. (TC)]  -----Original Message-----