Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 11:19:53 -0400
From: barsa@barsaconsulting.com
Subject: RE: Client Access vs CAE

There's a new system value for password length, QPWDLVL.  Briefly (this is
somewhat oversimplified, but good enough for this forum) there are two
choices.  Old passwords (10 characters long - non case sensitive) or new
passwords (128 characters long - case sensitive).  Unfortunately, DST/SST
now has it's own user profiles (you can create your own users too) that
have passwords that are 128 characters long, case sensitive, and expire
every 180 days.  The DST/SST user profiles have no relationship with the
OS/400 user profiles, except when you use then new LPAR API's, in which
case the passwords must match.

Al