  • Subject: Re: iSeries Nation Update.....
  • From: "Jim Franz" <franz400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 06:47:30 -0400

> I would be curious as to what you all think could be done with 20,000 +
Crazy iSeries supporters ?

one thing u could do is spread the word - get more - when they offered the
backpacks, I sent notes w/links to pgmrs & managers who never tune in to
where the iSeries is going. They liked the free stuff, and now (if they read
their mail) ibm will send them all kinds of "what's new". Some of it will
rub off. Wish we could get all those old S36 and V2 & V3 as400s to join and
check out what's going on. I think ibm picked up on a comment months ago
about the "cultish" following the machine has & has built on it.
Perhaps we, as a Nation, can get other parts of ibm to take notice. The
ibm-pc group created the "Underground" and has had many mailings, web site,
free stuff, etc.
Not sure if it's tied in, but I'm trying to get people to view the It Exists
video. What a message!
Would luv to have a iNation shirt (a cool one!). Wear it at the mall, etc.
Be a walking billboard-like every other t-shirt.
I created an eXtreme shirt for the Baltimore Common, with a big "anarchy-A"
for AS/400. Couldn't go at the last minute,
Some got passed around or sold to cover the expense. My daughter wears it to
high school (she actually did the art work) and explains what an AS400 is to
her friends. They see the shirt and ask. IBM iSeries-eXtremely Reliable
Secure Scalable Incredibly Integrated eServers on the front, AS/400 eXtreme
Servers on the back. It got noticed.
I hope ibm does something here to get noticed (and to wake up the faithful).
Remember the movie Dune. It's long past
time for the faithful to wake up.
Hey ibm - i'm a consultant - how about an iNation patch to add to my
business shirt?
am i ranting or dreaming?
jim