You might try just using CPYF to make a copy of these files and save the
copies.

Albert York

        -----Original Message-----
        From:   Jeff Crosby [SMTP:jlcrosby@fwi.com]
        Sent:   Wednesday, May 16, 2001 12:30 PM
        To:     Midrange Mailing List
        Subject:        Use of QAOKP* files

        I'm trying to keep TCP and subsystem QSERVER up when I run the daily
        backup.  Runs OK except when backing up library QUSRSYS. Files
QAOKP01A,
        QAOKP04A, QAOKP08A, and QAOKP09A are in use and therefore skipped.

        If I do a WRKOBJLCK on these when the system is _not_ restricted for
        this daily backup, they are used by jobs QCALSRV and QSERVER.  I
stop
        QCALSRV during the backup, so I ass_u_me that the QSERVER job is
using
        it during the backup.

        The files have something to do with system directory entries and
have
        been around since at least V2R3.  I know this because the only hits
        could get searching the IBM web site are in reference to a V2R3 PTF.

        Does anyone know what particular 'thing' I need to shut down for
these
        files to be backed up?  Some host server?

        Thanks.

        --
        -Jeff
        The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily
MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
david@midrange.com