  • Subject: QYASPOL API not returning receiver data
  • From: Dan Rasch <drasch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 10:48:56 -0500 (CDT)

Rob Dekko was helping me with a CL to grab system ASP numbers using
the QYASPOL API, but all I get is the error message:

GUI0141 'Filter specification is not valid'.

Heres the code:

             PGM
             DCL     VAR(&RCVR)    TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(113)
             DCL     VAR(&LEN)     TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
             DCL     VAR(&LIST)    TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(80)
             DCL     VAR(&NUMR)    TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
             DCL     VAR(&NUMF)    TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
             DCL     VAR(&FLTR)    TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(14)
             DCL     VAR(&FMT)     TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(8) VALUE('YASP0200')
             DCL     VAR(&ERR)     TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(80)
             DCL     VAR(&FSIZE)   TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
             DCL     VAR(&FKEY)    TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
             DCL     VAR(&FFDSIZE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
             DCL     VAR(&FDATA)   TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
             CHGVAR  VAR(%BIN(&FSIZE 1 4))     VALUE(16)
             CHGVAR  VAR(%BIN(&FKEY 1 4))      VALUE(1)
             CHGVAR  VAR(%BIN(&FFDSIZE 1 4))   VALUE(4)
             CHGVAR  VAR(%BIN(&FDATA 1 4))     VALUE(-1)
             CHGVAR  VAR(&FLTR)                VALUE(&FSIZE   *CAT +
                                                     &FKEY    *CAT +
                                                     &FFDSIZE *CAT +
                                                     &FDATA)

             CHGVAR   VAR(%BIN(&ERR 1 4))      VALUE(80)
             CHGVAR   VAR(%BIN(&ERR 5 4))      VALUE(0)
             CHGVAR   VAR(%SST(&ERR 9 72))     VALUE(' ')
             CHGVAR   VAR(%BIN(&LEN 1 4))      VALUE(113)
             CHGVAR   VAR(%BIN(&NUMF 1 4))     VALUE(1)
             CHGVAR   VAR(%BIN(&NUMR 1 4))     VALUE(0)
             CALL     PGM(QGY/QYASPOL) +
                        PARM(&RCVR     +
                             &LEN      +
                             &LIST     +
                             &NUMR     +
                             &NUMF     +
                             &FLTR     +
                             &FMT      +
                             &ERR)
             ENDPGM

It seems to not like the value in &FLTR.
I looked up the API at publib.boulder.ibm.com , but .....

the harder I think, the confuser I get

Dan Rasch - because if the human species concentrated on the really
important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles!