  • Subject: RE: Objects in QUSRSYS
  • From: "Mark Villa" <markvilla@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 15:10:10 -0400

Cyndi,

The first group belongs to QSNADS subsystem (going from memory)
The second QSYSWRK or QSERVER. The HTTP server definitely had one file
locked at the time I checked.
I've traced them back before and asked the same question. As bad as it
seems, it is understandable, considering we are leaving everything
up-n-running and the AS/400 is providing all these services.
Most everyone I have seen gets these messages daily and those that notice
(and care) usually ignore them, as long as they are QUSRSYS. Some, with the
speed needed, backup everything every night. That is what I would do but
usually not an option.

I have seen warnings about this in articles  or here on the list, that
sometimes this ends up causing restorations to fail, but I have no first
hand experience. If save while active fixes this, please let me know. I
believe it will but have not tried this.
I also have seen where third party products and BRMS may handle this for
you.
I think there are some messages in the www.midrange.com archives about this
too.

Mark in Charleston SC.
Your text :Subject: Objects in QUSRSYS

Your text :Any help or links to manuals are appreciated.
Your text :
Your text :All are owned by QDOC:
Your text :
Your text :QUSRSYS/QAOKP01A      Local DIA Name Definition File
Your text :                   Last
Your text :Saved Date 04/30/2001
Your text :QUSRSYS/QAOKP04A      Directory Routing Name File
Your text :04/30/2001
Your text :QUSRSYS/QAOKP01A      Directory Entry Description
Your text :and Attributes
Your text :04/30/2001
Your text :QUSRSYS/QAOKP01A      User Name and Department File
Your text :04/30/2001
Your text :
Your text :Owned by QSYS:
Your text :
Your text :QUSRSYS/QAYPSSTS      (no text given)         Last
Your text :Saved Date 05/04/2001
Your text :QUSRSYS/QAYPSSVC      (no text given)
Your text :05/04/2001
Your text :QUSRSYS/QAYPSTSK      (no text given)
Your text :05/03/2001