  • Subject: RE: Object/size listing on IFS
  • From: Robin Coles <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 10:29:30 +0100

Mike,
I'm at V4R4, don't know if that makes any difference.  I think PASE is
option 33 and that's definitely not installed.  The LICPGM display looks
like:
5769SS1    31      OS/400 - Domain Name System
5769SS1    32      OS/400 - Directory Services
5769SS1    34      OS/400 - Digital Certificate Manager

The Qshell session is:

   £
 > cd /robin
   £
 > ls >/robin/outfile2
   £
Wrklnk gives:
      outfile2               STMF
      tempout                STMF
      ND0070.RPGLE           STMF

Copying the stream file to a DB file gives:
   File: TEMP512
Library: ROBIN       Format: TEMP512    Nbr. Records
 Member: TEMP512       Type: PF         Size (Bytes)

Opt: 2=Change record   3=Copy record   4=Delete reco
     ....5...10...15...20...25...30...35...40...45..

     ND0070.RPGLE
     outfile2
     tempout

It seems to create the redirected outfile and include it in the ls listing,
but the basic principle works fine.  If PASE isn't option 33 then if you can
tell me what it is I'll check.

Cheers
Robin