  • Subject: RE: QM/400 Question Further explained
  • From: Joel Fritz <JFritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 14:31:23 -0700

Here's an example from a CL I've just been working on.

I think Buck covered the possibilities pretty well.  The other option, which
I use here, is substitution variables in the query source.  It's only a
variation on building the entire string.  You need four quotes in a row to
put on each side of a character variable.  I define a variable that I
concatenate with the other components as others have suggested.

Here's a sample:

0008.00              DCL        VAR(&FOURQUOTE) TYPE(*CHAR) VALUE('''')

0024.00              CHGVAR     VAR(&DATECOND) VALUE('BETWEEN' *BCAT +

0025.00                           &FOURQUOTE *CAT &BEGDAT *CAT &FOURQUOTE +

0026.00                           *BCAT 'AND' *BCAT &FOURQUOTE *CAT &ENDDAT
+
0027.00                           *CAT &FOURQUOTE)

0028.00

&datecond is a string that I use as a setvar in the invocation of the query.
Here's the line from the query source which actually has a little more
complex where clause.  The ampersand just means it's a variable:
WHERE
DIGITS(ORDYR)||DIGITS(ORDMD) &DATECOND

&datecond in the CL is substituted for &datecond in the query.

I don't have a good simple answer to *ALL.