  • Subject: Re: Problems with Best UPS 9910-140
  • From: Neil Palmer <neilp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 21:02:03 -0400

Philipp,

From what I heard, you have it backwards.  Supposedly the bottom two
outlets were not susceptible to the shutdown problem.

http://www.bestpower.com/service_support/ibmalert/

...Neil

Philipp Rusch <Philipp.Rusch@rusch-edv.de>
Sent by: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com
2001/05/07 17:01
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L

        To:     Midrange List <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        Problems with Best UPS 9910-140

Hello all,
we have a 170-2290 and ext.box with CPM feature and a 9910-140 UPS.
Our UPS is connected with two 220 V cords.
Since a couple of weeks the UPS started clicking (like a relay which is
falling off)
during normal operation, this is going on several times a minute or so.
No error logs, no shutdowns, just clicking.
I remembered some postings about this type of UPS, where you shouldn't use
the two downward plugs at the backplane, only the upper two of the four
are
without that particular problem. Can anyone confirm this ?
Once I came in the morning, and the system was completely shutdown, no log
entrance in qsysopr log, none in sst. History log just stopped the night
and I had
to manually put on the UPS again.
Do I have to expect growing problems with this beast, shall I call support
 ?

Any help appreciated.

Regards from germany, Philipp Rusch

| EDV Beratung Rusch          EDP Consulting Rusch                |
| Philipp Rusch               Mailto: Philipp.Rusch@rusch-edv.de  |
| Am Errlich 9                WWW   : http://www.rusch-edv.de/    |
| D-61191 Rosbach,                                                |
| Germany                                                         |
| Phone: (+49) 6003 3972      Mobile : (+49) 172 89 86 230        |
| Fax  : (+49) 6003 3795                                          |