  • Subject: Re: Last chance for COMMON
  • From: JHarri8790@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 19:07:09 EDT

Dale, you sound like a first timer,  so here are a few hints on your questions

1 - The only thing you need to pre-reg for are the labs and the common U
courses.
        The normal classes are open seating, although some may appear to be a
        Who concert line, most everybody gets in, then if you don't talk to a
guide,
        (don't know if they are in green or blue vests) and sometimes if your
lucky they will repeat the session if there is enough demand.  If one of them
isnt around find a ribbon wearer and they should be able to point you in the
right direction.

2 -- Attend the first-timer sessions, Sunday has two, one to initiate you
into the secret code of the agenda and how to navigate the setup of the
convention center.  The second is the first timers social, this is where you
get to meet and greet your fellow first-timers and meet some of the
volunteers, plus get some free grub.

Hope you were able to justify it, it's definitely worth it.  Also take
advantage of the Mentors, they can answer some of your questions before time
and help you have a better conference.

John Harrison
Massoglia Technical Consulting
Manager CUDS

Still looking for that assistant manager......

I am in the process of (hopefully) making a case to attend the COMMON
conference in New Orleans.  As we keep drawing closer to May 13th, I wonder if
any courses of study or particular sessions are already booked full.  Is this
information on your web site?  I looked at a couple of sessions online that I
would presume to be popular, but found no references as to whether they were
full and not taking any more attendees.

I am planning to stay on a path of systems management courses of study.  Can
you give me an idea as to whether these are filling fast, or expect to fill
soon, or have historically filled up quickly?

TIA.

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company