I like several of the new IBM ads & I think some of them could go a bit
further.

There are the people in a conference who need to be doing ALL these different
things & they have ALL these different servers protocols objectives ...
aren't they ready for IBM?  I feel like there needs to be some kind of before
/ after picture there ... before you get to the "now they are ready for IBM"
would be a picture depicting the mess before they went to IBM & what they got
instead with the IBM solution.

There are the pair in protective suits from a parallel universe & they need
these solutions NOW & they keep finding stuff that I bet some people in
non-IBM worlds did not even realize existed NOW.  I think that ad series is
exceedingly clever.

How about a pair like the parallel universe who are traveling in time
studying the developmental history of human computing ... where are the major
pivot points of time history where the great wonderful stuff was invented &
marketed & as the same company name "clicks" again as being responsible for
this or that, there is a growing emphasis or color code with IBM being a
streak like the ships in Star Trek, while the others are pitter patter real
late to discover or develop the same stuff.

Such a campaign would need a half page on each development ... what is the
significance of linking shared objects or beyond 64-bit in terms that are
undestandable to someone who is not a computer geek then time line when
various thresh holds reached of thousands of companies using this advantage,
tens or hundreds of thousands, and which were the only computer manufacturers
able to supply that wonderful stuff.

What is the alternative ... how much $$$$$ is spent fighting computer viruses
& hackers etc. at companies that are in the non-IBM universe? ... why is it
not neccessary to spend that $$$$$ in the IBM universe? ... this is something
the 2 current parallel universe boys need to include in their travels

> Along these lines of a "Positive" usage of this vehicle,  How about this.
>
>  1978,  System/38  Had true single level storage.
>  Then list the other CURRENT machines(NT, *nix's ???)  that have that today?
>  (still only one in general commercial use).
>
>  1978,  System/38  Had an OS that was object orientated.    List the CURRENT
>  other machines that have that today? (ie not byte orientated).
>
>  You could effectively show that the reason WHY the current iSeries is light
>  years ahead of other machines is because that it STARTed out Light years
>  ahead of other systems.
>

>  Highlight the CISC to RISC transition and that I did a simple restore and
>  saw the automatic "Now converting to 64 bit"  status message on first
>  touch.
>
>  Heritage can be used in a productive portrayal.
>
>  John Carr

AS/400 Data Manager & Programmer for BPCS 405 CD Rel-02 mixed mode (twinax
interactive & batch) @ http://www.cen-elec.com Central Industries of
Indiana--->Quality manufacturer of wire harnesses and electrical
sub-assemblies - fax # 812-424-6838