  • Subject: Re: How are CPU Speed and Overall CPW Related?
  • From: "Nathan M. Andelin" <nathanma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 13:31:35 -0600

To focus only on the issue of CPU performance may cause someone to lose site
of the big picture.  If that has occurred for anyone, please accept my
apology.

From my admittedly limited perspective, OS/400 is a hidden treasure.  It
seems to me, that it would be used by more people to do more things if the
supporting hardware offered more bang for the buck.

But I really ought to drop this line of thinking, and let the big players in
the market - the ones who have the bigger picture, decide what's best for
the future of the platform.

Thanks to those who added to my inquiry.

Nathan.