  • Subject: RE: No 5250-based applications
  • From: "John Taylor" <john.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 06:28:50 -0600

Ok, I've taken another look but I still don't see it. I see the list of
servers in the left frame, but I'm talking about the work-with type of view
that you had with the 5250 screen. That one shows the list of servers AND
some of their attributes.

> A dialog?  Good question.  Yes, but nothing really complex yet.
> I currently
> use a "session" component to track state.  I have a project in the queue
> where client state over multiple pages will play a big role.

Please post it on your website when it's done, if you can. I like what
you've done with your current examples, so I'd love to see how you handle a
more complex situation.

> Maybe not.  But a Web based application is a ton easier to deploy.  No
> desktop installation.

Point taken, but their are so many ways to do auto-install nowadays, that I
personally don't see this as much of an issue anymore.

John Taylor
Canada