  • Subject: Re: Mystery jobs
  • From: Jim Langston <jimlangston@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 15:04:41 -0700

LPD = Line Printer Daemon.

Someone is trying to print to an AS/400 TCP/IP printer.  The name of the
job even helps identify this:
025150/QTCP/QTLPD00057
as does reading the messages.

Whoever is at IP address 24.78.39.171 is the one trying to print.  You
might want to go to that computer and find out how his printer is misconfigured,
because he is causing the message:
Message . . . . :   Unsupported TCP/IP LPD server function requested.

Also, s/he is trying to print to PRT01.

Regards,

Jim Langston