  • Subject: Re: Hardware Mapping
  • From: "Bernard Burchell" <bburch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 21:46:54 +1000

There's a tool called WRKDEVSTS from www.terrasware.com which appears to
have what you're after.  I haven't used it but their site has a good display
of the features.

  <snip>
I would want that description line to be added to my PRTDEVADR clone to make
it incredibly easy for anyone looking at the local map to correlate which
work station is which user or shared location.  RTVOBJD OBJ(work station
address) OBJTYPE(*DEV) TEXT(&TEXT) or alternatively figure out how to get at
the data shown on WRKCFGSTS that is most essential to mapping ...
port-switch
or virtual ... with help of DSPOBJ *DEVD to *OUTFILE

Periodically we have some disconnect reconnect problem or upgrade hassle in
some office & the description reverts to some autoconfig language, so I want
to periodically list all that have that language so we can rekey the
meaningful stuff before we hurting for "Where the heck is DSP57?"

WRKCFGSTS *DEV F4 *PRINT reference - major clue is who signed on right now
DSPLOG - several more clues who was last person to sign onto that address
  <snip>