  • Subject: RE: CPF7354 Excessive Physical Members for a Logical
  • From: "Neil Palmer" <neilp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 21:19:10 -0500

Someone ran a RSTLIB or RSTOBJ when the member level id differed, and
specified MBROPT(*ALL) ALWOBJDIF(*ALL)- the system renamed the existing
member with an '0001' '0002' etc. at the end, and restored the saved
member under the original name.

          Allow object differences (ALWOBJDIF) - Help

 o  If there is a file level mismatch and *ALL is specified on this
    parameter and the Data base member option prompt (MBROPT
    parameter), the existing version of the file is renamed and the
    saved version of the file is restored.  If there is a member
    level mismatch, the existing version of  the member is renamed
    and the saved version of the member is restored.

Neil Palmer      DPS Data Processing Services Canada Ltd.
50 Acadia Avenue, Ste.102                   AS/400~~~~~
Markham, Ontario, Canada.   ____________          ___  ~
Phone:(905) 474-4890 x303   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Fax:  (905) 474-4898         oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NeilP@DPSlink.com  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.DPSlink.com     iSeries 400  The Ultimate Business Server

"Richard Casey" <casey_r@popmail.firn.edu>
Sent by: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com