  • Subject: Re: Externalize DB/IO (was What Counts as Technically Slick?)
  • From: booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:02:26 -0400

This is far too simplistic an answer.  If business rules find a validation
error then the information needs to travel to the user interface.  For
real separation we can not accept a solution that requires green-screen
involvement

We know that our end-game involves user interfaces from many platforms and
many methods, including green-screen, browser, Java, Windows, Linux, and
all sorts of appliances yet to be made generally available.   Cell phones
and Palm Pilots are not going to ever handle a 5250 data stream.

We've got to keep looking.  There's an answer somewhere.

Booth Martin
Booth@MartinVT.com
http://www.MartinVT.com

Douglas Handy <dhandy1@bellsouth.net>