  • Subject: Re: What counts as technically slick?
  • From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:52:35 -0500

Actually I am no longer a manager.  I consider myself an agent of change.
The problem was that I actually used to give the 'heart-to-heart' talks
when I was a manager.
Consider this, you have an incompetent employee, who consistently misses
Mondays and Fridays.  Bills divisions for time when they were not even
working, (just to cover their absence).  Does this for a few years and
get's bounced from sub manager to sub manager.  Boss is out of town for a
week.  I call in the HR director and schedule an exit interview for the
employee.  They're gone.  I got a reputation as harsh.  Although other
personnel in the department praised me for doing some much needed fanny
kicking.

Rob Berendt

==================
Remember the Cole!

                    bill.reger@convergy

                    s.com                      To:     MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com

                    Sent by:                   cc:

                    owner-midrange-l@mi        Subject:     Re: What counts as
technically
                    drange.com                 slick?

                    04/10/2001 10:14 AM

                    Please respond to

                    MIDRANGE-L

Rob,

If you have given your people the appropriate training and have given them
the appropriate expectations (ie: they should be writing RPGIV, subprocs,
etc.), and they still don't, then it's time for a heart-to-heart between
you (the manager) and them (the programmers).

Bill

rob@dekko.com on 04/10/2001 09:59:20 AM

Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com