Ed, you saved me about 30 minutes of writing the reply you gave!  Thanks! <g>

I speak from the angle of the P/A and concur with all of your points, but
especially with the T.S. values you spoke of.  Believe me, I have been there,
done that!  Even my technically-minded superiors did not give much of a rat's
*ss about how T.S. my work was.  The very bottom line is, will this T.S.
application/system benefit the company in proportion to the cost it takes to
write the non-T.S. application/system?  You can spout the rigamarole about
lower/quicker maintenance costs, but most management types don't think that
far ahead (in my experience).

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company