  • Subject: Re: Sending message BACK to AS/400 sign-on display
  • From: "James W. Kilgore" <eMail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 21:04:31 -0800

Fran,

We have a similar situation (the user must be registered within the
application) but we took the easy way out.

We pop up a screen telling them that they are not authorized and who to
contact, then to press Enter.  Once they do, they are signed off.  You
could also have this program send messages to any other security party
involved and keep track of how many times the user tries to sign on
without following instructions and change your message accordingly.   ;)

BTW, to make this effective, you must disable the attn key.