  • Subject: Re: % temp addresses = 96.800
  • From: "Neil Palmer" <neilp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 18:57:33 -0500

Al,

The only piece of information provided from the WRKSYSSTS excerpt (posted
by Dan - see below) that is not of any value due to the elapsed time of
00:00:00 is the ' CPU used'.  All the other information would be the same
regardless of the Elapsed time.
The reason the problem 'goes away' with RISC is the vastly increased
address space.  It should totally eliminate any need to IPL due to running
short of temporary address space.

% CPU used . . . . . . . :       43.3    System ASP . . . . . . . : 17418
Elapsed time . . . . . . :   00:00:00    % system ASP used  . . . :
67.4334
Jobs in system . . . . . :        452    Total aux stg  . . . . . : 17418
% perm addresses . . . . :     18.814    Current unprotect used . : 849 M
% temp addresses . . . . :     96.800    Maximum unprotect  . . . : 1046 M

Neil Palmer      DPS Data Processing Services Canada Ltd.
50 Acadia Avenue, Ste.102                   AS/400~~~~~
Markham, Ontario, Canada.   ____________          ___  ~
Phone:(905) 474-4890 x303   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Fax:  (905) 474-4898         oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NeilP@DPSlink.com  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.DPSlink.com     iSeries 400  The Ultimate Business Server

MacWheel99@aol.com
Sent by: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com