  • Subject: Critical Disk PTF's
  • From: "Neil Palmer" <neilp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 03:18:45 -0500

FYI - from the IBM HIPER PTF bulletin !

----- Forwarded by Neil Palmer/DPS on 2001/03/28 03:17 -----

****Important Notice AGAIN!!!!
***New DASD PTFs this week for Downloading!...Please download them!
There are a number of microcode PTFs (Program Temporary Fixes) that have
been identified as critical to reducing a number of failures on the current
level of DASD (Direct
Access Storage Device, commonly known as Hard Drive) on the AS/400
systems. Systems may terminate with a variety of SRC (System Reference
Code) codes. Not installing these PTFs can result in a system outage or
failures which could lead to a full system reload situation.
The following chart is a listing of all current HIPER (High Impact or
Pervasive) PTFs for DASD. Only those PTFs indicated are included in a CUME
(Cumulative PTF Package) tape as identified with the brackets. It is
recommended that you review this chart and download any of these PTFs
which you do not presently have installed.

V4R5
V4R4
V4R3
V4R2