  • Subject: Re: HTTP server Configuration
  • From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:27:14 -0500

1)  URL not reachable
That URL is used only internally to our network and was only shown to be an
example of how the url maps in the WRKHTTPCFG.

http://gdisys:81/CGI-BIN/DB2WWW/QSYS.LIB/ROB.LIB/QHTML.FILE/DEMO.MBR/INPUT
Uses Map /CGI-BIN/DB2WWW/* /QSYS.LIB/CGI.LIB/DB2WWW.PGM/*
to take part of the url, /CGI-BIN/DB2WWW/, and it's parameter,
QSYS.LIB/ROB.LIB/QHTML.FILE/DEMO.MBR/INPUT, and pass it to the program
/QSYS.LIB/CGI.LIB/DB2WWW.PGM/, as it's parameter, *.  See?  DB2WWW.PGM is
the net.data program.

2)  Resources
Sorry, got to get back to work.  However I've been reading Brad's book and
it has a good explanation.  However he may get honked if we use his stuff
to use net.data - just kidding, I am sure he is a capitalist.  But the book
does have a good explanation.  It has a nice table of important http
configuration directives.  Anyone have a nice link to share?

3)  Need to purchase Net.data?
No.  Comes with 400.  Perhaps you are confused by the CGI.LIB, or CGI
library.  It is recommended that you create your own CGI library and copy
the DB2WWW program from (I forget which) library into this lib.  Do a
WRKOBJ *ALL/DB2WWW, you should find this program, if you have access.

Rob Berendt

==================
Remember the Cole!

                    "oludare"

                    <oludare@ix.netcom.        To:
<MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>
                    com>                       cc:

                    Sent by:                   Subject:     Re: HTTP server
Configuration
                    owner-midrange-l@mi

                    drange.com

                    03/21/01 05:38 PM

                    Please respond to

                    MIDRANGE-L

Rob,

The URL is not reachable but I will like to understand how MAP & EXEC works
for the file library and the program library.  Where can I go for resources
on this or I can count on you.  I was at the same COMMON but didn't get
opportunity to attend Net.data.  Do I need to purchase Net.data.

Oludare