  • Subject: Re: AS400 with two Ethernet enabling telnet only in one.
  • From: Larry Bolhuis <lbolhuis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 17:25:45 -0500

> Hy everibody, I'm from Italy

  MMMMmmmmm, Italy, the home of many of my favorite foods..........

> We've just a problem to solve.
> We have two ethernet in aour as400 820 with 4.5.0 and we wanto to enable
> TELNET only in the first and HTTP in the second.
> Please help

  You will need to define filters with operations navigator. Open
Network then IP Security.  Define each of the interfaces by their IP
Address, define a filter rule for the first to Deny HTTP (TCP Port 80)
and the second to Deny Telnet (TCP port 23). Then for each of them a
rule to Allow all other traffic (The default at the end of the rules is
to block anything not allowed!!!)

  The above assumes you have no additional interfaces. If you do then
you can set a rule for each of the above to allow just the traffic
desired and nothing else, then use the third interface for all other
traffic (For example: Modifying filter rules via Operations
Navigator!!!)

  Note that you may want to test this during a scheduled downtime
because if you make a mistake the entire AS/400 may be unreachable
except by Twinax terminals!!

  Hope this gets you moving in the right direction.

  - Larry

--
Larry Bolhuis           | Cogito ergo mercari iSeries
Arbor Solutions, Inc.   |