  • Subject: RE: Web apps on the AS/400
  • From: "Joe Pluta" <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 12:40:03 -0600

Java already calls RPG perfectly, Leif.  I use it all the time.  In fact, I
use it almost exclusively that way: my Java programs call RPG programs to do
business logic.  Actually, my Java programs call RPG programs to communicate
with data queues, which in turn communicate with other RPG programs as
servers, but that's my preferred way to communicate with business logic
servers.  Message-based client/server processing is far more robust and
flexible than simple program calls.

Joe