  • Subject: Re: FTP on V3R2
  • From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 15:07:15 -0500

Have fun.  My 'dead horse' comment was regarding V3R2.  Of which V4R5 will
be the last release which can compile down to that level.  Which will make
many software companies make a decision:
1)  Abandon customers running V3R2
2)  Keep an older machine to compile down to that level
3)  Not upgrade.

Rob Berendt

==================
Remember the Cole!

                    tomh@simas.com

                    Sent by:                   To:     MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com

                    owner-midrange-l@mi        cc:

                    drange.com                 Subject:     Re: FTP on V3R2

                    03/16/01 02:27 PM

                    Please respond to

                    MIDRANGE-L

I believe you're right in that TCP/IP for v3r2 is 5763-TC1.

And get this: there's a _documented_ CL program in the archives that I may
be able to use and modify to fit the customer's FTP requirements.

BTW - thanks for the 'subtle' reminder to research the archives first.
Guess I just got lazy, my apologies to all who didn't care to read yet
another FTP exit point question.

                             rob@dekko.com
                             Sent by:                         To:
                             owner-midrange-l@midr    MIDRANGE-L@midrange.c
                             ange.com                 om
                                                              cc:
                             03/16/01 12:14 PM                Subject:
                             Please respond to        Re: FTP on V3R2
                             MIDRANGE-L

Allow me this one liberty first, please?  Beat that dead horse; harder,
harder!

The program product you are looking for is 57##TC1.  I think it is 5763TC1
for V3R2.  It should be on the tapes your operating system came with.
These are the tcp/ip utilities.  It is a freebie.

You'll need to do FTP exit point programming.  I used the program from this
redbook:
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/SG244815.html
and heavily modified it.

Or you could buy a package from Pentasafe or someone else and get this and
many, many important security and operational issues covered for you
automatically.

Rob Berendt

==================
Remember the Cole!

                    tomh@simas.com
                   Sent by:                   To:
midrange-l@midrange.com
                   owner-midrange-l@mi        cc:
                   drange.com                 Subject:     FTP on V3R2

                    03/16/01 11:11 AM
                   Please respond to
                   MIDRANGE-L

Can someone tell me - is FTP included in the base OS/400 for v3r2?  If not,
what do I need?

Also, how do I go about restricting an FTP user to a certain directory on
the 400?  Say that I've created a user profile called 'FTP01'.  When the
user establishes an FTP connection, they'll be prompted for their userid
(FTP01) and password.  Once on, I want them to be locked into their 'FTP01'
directory, and only be able to put/get files into that FTP01 directory.

Be in mind that I don't know diddley about exit points...