  • Subject: Addition: IP over SNA connection (X.21)
  • From: Philipp Rusch <Philipp.Rusch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 09:51:24 +0100

Hello Patrick and others,
there is no way to define SSAPs to an X.21 line description,
this is something totally different from ethernet.
BTW my ethernet lines have SSAP "12" enabled for SNA on both ends.
I guess, that IP over SNA is not the complete set of IP functions
as is SNA over IP, because help-text only mentions "socket-appli-
cations" as possible usage for that functionality.
My goal is to use ip AND sna on the existing sna connection between
those two sites.

Regards, Philipp