  • Subject: RE: converting files and many views
  • From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 17:53:30 -0500

Just like with V4R4, you won't get those extra parms in V4R5 without the
proper PTF's.  Trust me, I know.  I think that this will change in the
follow on release.

Rob Berendt

==================
Remember the Cole!

                    Angela Wawrzaszek

                    <wawrzaszeka@AUSTEE        To:
"'MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com'" <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>
                    L.com>                     cc:

                    Sent by:                   Subject:     RE: converting
files and many views
                    owner-midrange-l@mi

                    drange.com

                    03/12/01 01:26 PM

                    Please respond to

                    MIDRANGE-L

I did use the *none  on the cpytoimpf to specify no quotes.  We are on V4R4
- going up on V4R5 at Easter,  so we do not have the extra parameter for
code page.  That is why I tried just doing the cpy obj  toobj ... and
specified *pcascii on that command hoping it would accomplish the same
thing.

However the size of the files are different thus i think the line wrapping.
My file is samll - only 49 positions.  However if I use cpytoimpf the
resulting file is 8mb,  importing to excel and saving as .csv is only 5mb.

Hopefully when we go up on the new release I can eliminate this problem
with
the cpytoimpf extra parms.

Angie Wawrzaszek
M.I.S. Department