  • Subject: MQ Series Question
  • From: "Maarten Vries, de" <m_devries74@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 23:03:29 +0100

HI

I am having some troubles with MQ Series.
I am using MQ Series V4R2M0 on the AS/400 and MQ5.1 on Windows NT.

I have created a remote queue that is referring to a local queue on the
remote site.
Transmission queue's have been set up properly and so on.

I am trying to send a message from the AS/400 to Windows NT.
That is going correctly, I do an MQOPEN on the remote queue definition.
The message is put on the queue, the tranmission mechanism takes over and
the message appears on the queue of the remote site.

However when I am using an MQOPEN on the remote queue definition on the
Windows site I get the message 2045
Does anybody know what I am doing wrong, and off course why it is working on
the AS/400 to issue an MQOPEN on the remote queue.

Maarten

MQRC_OPTION_NOT_VALID_FOR_TYPE
On an MQOPEN or MQCLOSE call, an option is specified that is not valid for
the type of
object or queue being opened or closed.
For the MQOPEN call, this includes the following cases:
v An option that is inappropriate for the object type (for example,
MQOO_OUTPUT for an
MQOT_PROCESS object).
v An option that is unsupported for the queue type (for example,
MQOO_INQUIRE for a
remote queue that has no local definition).
v One or more of the following options:
MQOO_INPUT_AS_Q_DEF
MQOO_INPUT_SHARED
MQOO_INPUT_EXCLUSIVE
MQOO_BROWSE
MQOO_INQUIRE
MQOO_SET
when either:
– the queue name is resolved through a cell directory, or
– ObjectQMgrName in the object descriptor specifies the name of a local
definition of a
remote queue (in order to specify a queue-manager alias), and the queue
named in the
RemoteQMgrName attribute of the definition is the name of the local queue
manager.
For the MQCLOSE call, this includes the following case: The MQCO_DELETE or
MQCO_DELETE_PURGE option when the queue is not a dynamic queue.
This reason code can also occur on the MQOPEN call when the object being
opened is of type
MQOT_NAMELIST, MQOT_PROCESS, or MQOT_Q_MGR, but the ObjectQMgrName field in
MQOD is neither blank nor the name of the local queue manager.
Corrective action: Specify the correct option; see the MQSeries Application
Programming
Reference for more information. For the MQOPEN call, ensure that the
ObjectQMgrName field is
set correctly. For the MQCLOSE call, either correct the option or change the
definition type of
the model queue that is used to create the new queue.