  • Subject: Help Text and Officevision/400
  • From: bvining@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 01 11:06:14 CST

I think there may be some confusion here.  There are various office
related functions which are part of OS/400 (57xx-SS1) and other functions
which are part of OfficeVision (57xx-WP1).  Removing OfficeVision from
a system (or dropping support for OfficeVision) does not change the
support/availability of OS/400 functions.

Commands such as PRTDOC, CRTDOC, etc. are part of OS/400 and continue
to be supported.  The same is true of OS/400 DDS functions such as
HLPDOC.  Some of these functions (CRTDOC for instance) may be of limited
usefulness without someone supplying an exit program (like OfficeVision
does/did), but they were of rather limited usefulness in a release such
as V4R3 (assuming no OfficeVision or similiar product was installed
that is) which would also return OFC8019.

Other commands (such as STROFC, ADDCALITM, etc.) are part of
OfficeVision (for instance DSPCMD ADDCALITM shows the CPP is in QOFC
rather than QSYS, the validity checker is in QOFC, etc.).  These
commands (or APIs as OfficeVision liked to refer to them) are gone
when OfficeVision is not installed, and are not supported when
OfficeVision is not installed.

The APIs and exits I refered to in my earlier reply are part of OS/400
(System APIs) and continue to work, be supported, etc.  This is true
of the other functions (spell check, search system directory, etc.)
found in the Office category of System APIs.

Bruce