I knew that already, Rob.  Really!  <g>

I just mentioned it so that I didn't waste someone's time telling me that I
should make sure I have a valid SAVSYS.  We do a SAVSYS only after we apply
PTFs or change the hardware configuration.  (Seeing as the last time we've
done either on one of our 400's was three years ago, perhaps I should dust off
the SAVSYS tape and see if it's still readable?)

Normally (in a previous job), I would do a SAVSYS as part of the normal
backup.  But I can't take the system to a restricted state.  I'm working on
that part, determining all of the requisites for the other systems (mainframe
and Unix) communicating to the 400 potentially 24 hours per day.

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company
248-362-4400  Ext. 4952