Here's a basic example between two AS/400's - no APPN.

System A:

CRTLINSDLC LIND(PASTHR400) RSRCNAME(CMN0x) ONLINE(*YES) CNN(*SWTPP)
EXCHID(056AAAAA) LINESPEED(19200) MODEM(*V54) AUTODIAL(*YES)
DIALCMD(*V25BIS) STNADR(AA) MAXFRAME(2057) DUPLEX(*FULL)
TEXT('Pass through line to other AS/400s')

CRTCTLAPPC CTLD(SYSTEMB) LINKTYPE(*SDLC) SWITCHED(*YES) APPN(*NO)
SWTLINLST(PASTHR400) MAXFRAME(2057) EXCHID(056BBBBB) INLCNN(*ANS)
CNNNBR('SS bbb-bbbb')  STNADR(AA) TEXT('Pass through controller for
System B') REDIALDLY(90) DSCTMR(90)

CRTDEVAPPC DEVD(SYSTEMB) RMTLOCNAME(SYSTEMB)
LCLLOCNAME(SYSTEMA) CTL(SYSTEMB)
MODE(BLANK) APPN(*NO) TEXT('Pass through device for System B')

System B:

CRTLINSDLC LIND(PASTHR400) RSRCNAME(CMN0x) ONLINE(*YES) CNN(*SWTPP)
EXCHID(056BBBBB) LINESPEED(19200) MODEM(*V54) AUTODIAL(*YES)
DIALCMD(*V25BIS) STNADR(AA) MAXFRAME(2057) DUPLEX(*FULL)
TEXT('Pass through line to other AS/400''s')

CRTCTLAPPC CTLD(SYSTEMA) LINKTYPE(*SDLC) SWITCHED(*YES) APPN(*NO)
SWTLINLST(PASTHR400) MAXFRAME(2057) EXCHID(056AAAAA) INLCNN(*ANS)
CNNNBR('SS aaa-aaaa')  STNADR(AA) TEXT('Pass through controller for
System A') REDIALDLY(90) DSCTMR(90)

CRTDEVAPPC DEVD(SYSTEMA) RMTLOCNAME(SYSTEMA)
LCLLOCNAME(SYSTEMB) CTL(SYSTEMA)
MODE(BLANK) APPN(*NO) TEXT('Pass through device for System A')

Neil Palmer      DPS Data Processing Services Canada Ltd.
50 Acadia Avenue, Ste.102                   AS/400~~~~~
Markham, Ontario, Canada.   ____________          ___  ~
Phone:(905) 474-4890 x303   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Fax:  (905) 474-4898         oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NeilP@DPSlink.com  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.DPSlink.com     iSeries 400  The Ultimate Business Server

KirkG@PacInfoSys.com
Sent by: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com