  • Subject: AS/400 Story in Today's Investor
  • From: D.BALE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 13:59:00 -0500

Overall, a great article!

I have a problem with being labeled cultish or cliquish, though.  Those are
terms I associate with non-thinking arrogance.  Loyal?  Sure, I'm loyal with
whatever works well, day in and day out.

Uh, who is Sue Aldrich?  Hers is not a name I've heard of before; "... an IBM
system programmer when she came up with the product concept..."  I thought
S/38-AS/400-iSeries was mostly Frank's baby.

>The current Iseries product line is very different from the AS/400...

Huh?  How is it *very* different from the latest AS/400?  I musta missed that
marketing hyperbole.

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company