From: Larry Bolhuis [mailto:lbolhuis@arbsol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 5:52 PM
To: MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
Subject: Re: How to configure AS/400 printing to a Ricoh 551

James,

No direct experience with Ricoh, BUT so far every
copier/fax/printer/scanner/coffeemaker combination I have worked with
ends up configured as a Remout Outq with HPT and a device type of *HPII
*HPIII or *HP4. With the exception of Minolta which sells a very cool
(but not cheap) controller specifically for the iSeries, the copier
people don't seem to know/care about anybody but windoze.

Check the docs with the machine but I suspect you'll end up in remote
outq land.

Perhaps Mr Tykodi would have additional knowledge on the Ricoh.

  HTH

  - Larry

--
Larry Bolhuis           |
Arbor Solutions, Inc.   | Cogito Ergo Vendo iSeries