  • Subject: AS/400, DNS, Dynamic Updates and SRV
  • From: Lamar Thomas <Lamart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 12:13:59 -0800

Title: AS/400, DNS, Dynamic Updates and SRV

Hi everyone,
We will be installing DNS on our in-house network. We were thinking about making the AS/400's our DNS servers. I need to know the following: Will OS/400 (i.e. what version of the OS) support "Service Location Resource (SRV)", "Dynamic Updates" and "Incremental zone transfer"?

With this info. I can start thinking about how (and if) Windows 2000 and "Active Directory" will play into our needs in the next few months/year. Thanks for any input.

Lamar Thomas

Free Email Updates for the AS/400 Developer.
Signup for Aldon Newswire Online:
http://www.aldon.com/newswire_email.htm

Simplify the Software Development Lifecycle:
http://www.aldon.com

Don't forget to sign up for Aldon User Conference 2001
http://www.aldon.com/events_usergroup.html