  • Subject: Trying to setup STRPASTHR
  • From: tomh@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 07:56:31 -0600

I'm trying to set up remote communications between my system and my customer's system.  I'm close, but not quite there.  When I issue the STRPASTHR, my system dials into his system.  When his system answers the modem, he's getting the following in his QSYSOPR msgq:

_ Local system sent SNA negative response data to controller SIMAS on device *N
_ Session maximum not established for mode BLANK device SIMAS
_ Bind sense code X'80040000' received for mode BLANK device SIMAS

I get the following error message:  APPC failure.  Failure code is X'0009000000000000'.
I look at the help for this failure code, but it doesn't mean alot to me.
QSNADS is started on both systems.

I'm missing something, but I'm not sure what - any ideas?