  • Subject: Supportline page (was:TCP/IP Set
  • From: D.BALE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 14:59:00 -0500

>http://as400service.ibm.com/supporthome.nsf/document/10000051

Pat, this is not a slam on you, but on IBM...

You know what *REALLY* ticks me off about this link?  You can't link directly
to a specific document!  I've almost got this link committed to memory from
all the suggestions over time to find various documents using this link.
Please, everybody, if you find a useful document on this, please PLEASE
include the document number!  Then, at least, one can SEARCH on the document
number to find the document.

Search?, hmmm, not available on the main page.  Where's that search window?
Oh, yeah, click on one of the links, like "All Documents" to see the link for
that.  Click on Search and enter the document number.

Oh, yeah, the document number, where does one find THAT?  You look through the
entire document wondering where in the h*ll IBM hid the durned thing, then
come back to the top and see "+ Document Information" and click on the "+" to
find it hidden there.  IBM apparently doesn't deem the document number
important enough to include in the "normal" text of the document, which means
if someone hands or faxes you the document without the "+ Document
Information" expanded, you have no easy way of getting to the online document.

I'd finish by saying "Don't get me started" but I'm past that point now.

Did IBM Marketing design this page?

So, Pat, what was the document number of the doc you were referring to?  <g>

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company
248-362-4400  Ext. 4952