Bill Albert asked:

>Seems to me that I remember a command to display version/mod level but I
can't seem to find it.

I have an RPG program that retrieves several system attributes based on Phil
Hall's C program.  Any bugs are mine :-)

H BNDDIR('QC2LE') DFTACTGRP(*NO) ACTGRP(*CALLER) debug
 * dbgview(*list)

DsndMsg           pr
D msgText                       80    const

D matmatr         PR                  EXTPROC('matmatr')
D   attributes                    *   VALUE
D   attrLen                      5I 0 VALUE

D machineAttributes...
D                 DS                  INZ
D   MMTR_Template_Size...
D                               10I 0
D   MMTR_Bytes_Used...
D                               10I 0
D   MMTR_VPD                  4096

D VPDOffsets      DS                  INZ
D  vRes1                         8
D  vMemOff                      10i 0
D  vPrcOff                      10i 0
D  vColOff                      10i 0
D  vCecOff                      10i 0
D  vPnlOff                      10i 0
D  vRes2                        12
D  vMemInstalled                 5i 0
D  vMemRequired                  5i 0

d cecVPD          DS                  INZ
d  cCEC_read                     4
d  cManufacturin                 4
d  creserved1                    4
d  cType                         4
d  cModel                        4
d  cPseudo_Model                 4
d  cGroup_Id                     4
d  creserved2                    4
d  cSys_Type_Ext                 1
d  cFeature_Code                 4
d  cSerial_No                   10
d  creserved3                    1

d panelVPD        DS                  INZ
d  preserved1                    2
d  pPanel_Type                   4
d  pModel                        3
d  pPart                        12
d  preserved2                    4
d  pManufacturin                 4
d  pROS_Part                    12
d  pROS_Card                    10
d  pROS_ID                       1
d  pROS_Flag                     1
d  pROS_Fix                      1
d  pSerial_No                   10

D $MMTR_SERIAL_   S              5I 0 INZ(4)
D $MMTR_VPD_      S              5i 0 INZ(x'012c')

D prErrStruc      DS                  inz
D  prErrSSize                   10i 0 inz(%len(prErrStruc))
D  PrErrSUse                    10i 0
D  prErrSmsgID                   7
D  prErrSResrv                   1
D  prErrSData                   80

d prRcvr          s            128
d prRcvrLen       s             10i 0 inz(%size(prRcvr))
d prFormat        s              8    inz('PRDR0100')
d prPrdInfo       s             27    inz('*OPSYS *CUR  0000*CODE    ')
d prErr           s                   like(prErrStruc)
d prRelease       s              6

C                   EVAL      MMTR_Template_Size = %SIZE(machineAttribu
C                   CALLP     matmatr( %ADDR(machineAttributes) :
C                                      $MMTR_VPD_ )
c                   eval      VPDOffsets = %subst(MMTR_VPD:
c                                                 1:

c                                                 %len(VPDOffsets))
c                   eval      cecVPD   = %subst(MMTR_VPD:

c                                               vCecOff-7:
c                                               %len(cecVPD))
c                   eval      panelVPD = %subst(MMTR_VPD:
c                                               vPnlOff-7:
c                                               %len(panelVPD))

C                   eval      prErr = prErrStruc
c                   call      'QSZRTVPR'
c                   parm                    prRcvr
c                   parm                    prRcvrLen
c                   parm                    prFormat
c                   parm                    prPrdInfo
c                   parm                    prErr
C                   eval      prErrStruc = prErr
C                   eval      prRelease  = %subst(prRcvr: 20: 6)
c                   callp     sndMsg('Type '     + %trim(cType) +
c                                    ' model '   + %trim(cModel) +
c                                    ' prc grp ' + %trim(cGroup_ID) +
c                                    ' fc '      + %trim(cFeature_Code)
c                                    ' serial '  + %trim(cSerial_No) +

c                                    ' '         + %trim(
c                                                    %editc(vMemInstall
c                                                      'Z')) + ' meg' +
c                                    ' rel '     + %trim(prRelease)
c                                   )

C                   SETON                                        LR
C                   RETURN

PsndMsg           b
DsndMsg           pi
D inpText                       80    const

 * Send message API parameters
D msgID           s              7    inz('CPF9898')
D msgFil          s             20    inz('QCPFMSG   *LIBL     ')
D msgData         s                   like(inpText)
D msgDataLen      s             10i 0 inz(%size(msgData))
D msgType         s             10    inz('*INFO')
D msgStackEnt     s             10    inz('*')
D msgStackCnt     s             10i 0 inz(3)
D msgKey          s              4
D msgErrStruc     s                   like(ErrStruc)

 * API error structure
D errStruc        DS                  inz
D  errSSize                     10i 0 inz(%len(errStruc))
D  errSUse                      10i 0
D  errSmsgID                     7
D  errSResrv                     1
D  errSData                     80

C                   eval      msgData = inpText
C                   eval      msgErrStruc = errStruc

C                   Call      'QMHSNDPM'
C                   Parm                    msgID
C                   Parm                    msgFil
C                   Parm                    msgData
C                   Parm                    msgDataLen
C                   Parm                    msgType
C                   Parm                    msgStackEnt
C                   Parm                    msgStackCnt
C                   Parm                    msgKey
C                   Parm                    msgErrStruc

C                   Eval      errStruc = msgErrStruc

PsndMsg           e

Buck Calabro
Aptis; Albany, NY
"Nothing is so firmly believed as
 that which we least know" -- Michel Montaigne
Visit the Midrange archives at http://www.midrange.com