  • Subject: Re: device parity
  • From: Philipp Rusch <Philipp.Rusch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 11:33:49 +0100

Hello Maarten,
minimum requirements for a RAID-5 setup on a 170 is as follows

--   4 disks of equal type and size

--   Controller
       FC 2740 or FC 2741  (V4R2 minimum OS-level)
       or FC 2748 (V4R4 minimum OS-level)

If you have the FC 2728 (== FC 9728) Controller installed, you
are not able to start RAID, because that basic controller does not
have this function (and is much cheaper, of course).

HTH, and greetings from germany, Philipp Rusch