  • Subject: Re: Overwrote a V4R3 QGPL with a V3R7 QGPL (no backup)
  • From: "Avi Hecht" <avi_hecht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 09:46:46 +0200

Hi,

Try this:

sign on as qsecofr from the console
endsbs *all *immed
go licpgm
install all new products
insert cd b2924_02 intop opt01

good luck
Avi
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2001 6:49 PM
Subject: Overwrote a V4R3 QGPL with a V3R7 QGPL (no backup)

I have a client who has a brand new V4R3 system.  While restoring his libraries from his V3R7 system, he inadvertently restored the QGPL and QUSRSYS.  That was bad enough.  The _really_ bad part is he didn't do a backup of the new system prior to restoring the old libraries on to it.  One more thing: when he received the system, it was shipped with the OS pre-installed - the install media did not ship with it.  We've ordered the install CDs.

Once we get the CDs - how do we get the proper version of QGPL and QUSRSYS on the new box?