  • Subject: Re: EBCDIC-to-ASCII
  • From: Larryt222@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 10:49:29 EST

In a message dated 2/1/01 10:22:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Smildenber@Washcorp.com writes:

,

We ftp files and the EBCDIC-ASCII translation happens automatically in that
process.  We also use CPYTOSTMF to convert from a database file to an ASCII
file in the IFS.  You could do this and then ftp the file from the IFS.

Scott Mildenberger

The problem with that method the file is 99MBs+ we want to convert the file
than use PKzip or something like that to zip the file to cut down on the
transmission time.  Currently we are doing what you suggested above but the
transmission time is to long.  Transmitting a zipped file would be more
efficient but it has to be ASCI

Larry